Luxurious Santorini Villa sleeping 8 guests
A beautifully restored villa with private pool on Santorini
Situated in the centre of the traditional village Megalochori, this villa breaths out elements of another era. Renovated with great respect to its original structure, the Villa reveals its magnificence, retaining its original layout and traditional style.
In past times the first floor would accommodate the family, whilst on the ground floor you would find the winery and cellar. The villa, comprised of two ample self- contained units with a private pool, is beautifully decorated with antique furniture.
A winding footpath will take you from the village square to the large cobbled private courtyard, complete with an attractive pool. A traditional stone stairway takes you to the upper floor, where you can relax looking at the panoramic views of the village that the large terraces offer.
A traditional kitchen is found on the first floor. It leads to the dining room, a place where the wooden floors and the vaulted ceiling offer a grate sense of warmth and joy. Connected to the dining area is a cosy lounge.
The sunny and airy master bedroom and a second double bedroom are connected through a carved stone staircase and are serviced by an attractive bathroom with stone and wooden elements.
In past days, the ground floor used to be the “canava”, a wine cellar and workshop, of the Villa. Carved into the rock, every element of Villa 1878 is forming its unique style. The cylindrical troughs sunk into the ground, once used for distilling Santorini’s famous Vin Santo, provide exceptional lighting characteristics to the interior.
Three spacious barn-style doors take you from the cobbled courtyard into the various living areas. The smooth-edged carved interior offers a cool and relaxing haven during the hot summer days. In the centre, one finds the traditional kitchen, which takes you to the comfortable, warm dining room, ideal for friends and family gatherings.
Arched doorways on either side of the kitchen allow an easy flow through the house. The comfortable lounge is well appointed and spacious. The ample sleeping area is located on the other end of the “canava”, consisting of two bedrooms, which share a common sitting and dressing area.
The shared lavish bathroom consists of a large shower, sitting area and a large vanity. Just a breath away from the beautiful pool, a separate ample double room with en-suite shower is located.
The villa is the ideal solution for large families or big groups that may require two properties, without sacrificing comfort and privacy. Villa 1878 sleeps up to ten guests.
Distances: from the villa to Fira 7 km, to Oia 20 km
Prices for 2024 in Euro per day
12 - 31 October
23 September - 11 October
13 - 22 September
24 August - 12 September
Minimum stay: 3 nights
Check in 16:00, check out 11:00
Booking Conditions:30% Booking deposit upon signing the rental agreement and the remaining 70% at least 6 weeks before arrival date.
Payment Method: Bank transfer in Euro or credit card.
Cancellation Policy: In case of any cancellation, modification, earlier departure or no-show the paid amount is not returned.