Luxury Villa with Rooftop-Jacuzzi, Imerovigli, Santorini
Unique Location, Spacious Outdoor Area
Our personal review
The famous image of Santorini that most people have in mind, the multicoloured houses partially built on top of each other like a staircase clinging to the cliff, is found in Oia and Imerovigli. The houses are small, often built into the rock and only connected via a small walkway leading up and down along the slope and through the labyrinth of houses. Probably one of the most impressive sights Greece has to offer.
This luxurious villa is located just behind the famous scene, perfect for those that appreciate direct access by car and at the same time, be in the heart of the famous site in just 2 minutes on foot!!
Built in 1867, it used to function as a winery where local Santorini wine was distilled to produce the traditional sun-dried "Vin Santo" wine. In 2007, it was restored with great attention to all details and now presents itself as a luxurious villa with all modern amenities. So far, it is the biggest and most luxurious villa in Imerovigli that I have seen.
As we enter the property, we first meet the large outdoor area, partially shaded and with absolute privacy. A large dining table with comfortable chairs invites to dine al-fresco. Next to the entrance is a totally independent studio with kitchenette and en suite bathroom. It is spacious and well designed like the main building.
On entering the villa, we find ourselves in the huge open plan living and dining room with the fully equipped modern kitchen to the left.
To the right, we have a full scale office (Internet, Fax, Phone) for those who need to take their work with them or for the kids that need to stay in touch with their "outside world". A few steps down, towards the end of the spacious room, is the lounge area with an open fireplace for those who wish to visit Santorini in mid or off season. By the way, the villa is also one of the few that has central heating, hence making it the perfect accommodation for a winter holiday in Santorini.
To the right of the open plan communal area, are two bedrooms. Both very spacious and well designed. Each one has its own en suite bathroom with shower, toilet and sink.
Next to the lounge area, up a winding flight of stairs, is a romantic 3rd bedroom with en suite bathroom. A little window above the bed looks down onto the kitchen and dining area.
From the courtyard, one accesses the large roof terrace with a very big stone-built Jacuzzi and wonderful view facing East. Sun beds comfortably allow more than 8 guests to enjoy the sun and view.
Marianna, the property manager, will be available for you at any time to assist you with anything you may desire, making sure you have a wonderful experience - way beyond the property rental. She is a lovely person that will give you the chance to experience Greek hospitality coming from the heart.
Alexandros, the owner of the villa, did a fantastic job in restoring the old winery that his family used to run in the past. He proves taste, a sense of what is required to provide a real luxury villa and didn't spare any expenses to deliver high quality.
Suitability: Due to the easy access of the villa, it is suitable for all age groups. The villa provides all facilities for business people, families with children of all ages and elderly people. Even when fully occupied, the villa guarantees plenty of space and privacy for all guests.
Prices for 2020 in Euro per day
1.11.2019 - 28.2.2020
March, April & October
May & 16 - 30 September
June - 15 September
Each additional guest 60 Euro per day
Minimum stay: 3 nights
Check in 15:00, check out 12:00
Booking Conditions: To reserve the villa 30% is due within 3 working days and the remaining 70% is due 6 weeks before arrival.
Payment Method: Bank transfer in Euro or credit card.
Cancellation Policy: Any cancellation less than 21 days prior to arrival results in 50% payment of the entire booking. Any cancellation less than 7 days prior to arrival, non show and early departure results in 100% payment of the entire booking.