Prices for 2019 in Euro per day
April & May
June & September
July & August
The above prices are for 2-4 persons. Each additional guest 50, 60 and 70 Euro per day respectively (according to season)
Minimum stay: 3 nights
Check in 14:00, check out 11:00
Booking Conditions: To reserve the villa 40% is due within 3 working days and the remaining 60% is due 6 weeks before arrival.
Payment Method: Bank transfer in Euro or credit card.
Cancellation Policy: More than 6 weeks prior to arrival, down payment of 40% shall not be refunded. Less than 6 weeks prior to arrival, no refund will be made.
NON-REFUNDABLE OFFER: There is a 40 €/night discount in case you pay the full amount (non refundable) at the time of booking the property. Kindly note that in case of any cancellation, modification, earlier departure or no-show the amount is not returned.
Contemporary Luxury Villa of high standard and minimal architecture
Megalochori, a traditional settlement in the center of Santorini, has managed to maintain the charm of the famous Cycladic Island villages with their white houses and narrow roads that attract millions of visitors from around the world. Whilst day visitors of cruise ships and "See Europe in 5 Days" tourists squeeze through the main attractions, Megalochori reveals its secret only to those who want more than just a quick glance at the top attractions.
The house, formerly a residence of a local family for many generations, was renovated into a minimal luxury villa that points the eye to what Santorini is all about: Cave-like dwellings with cement washed walls, floors and bathrooms offering a cool yet cosy atmosphere.
Whilst the architecture is - for obvious reasons - not unusual, the quality of the works carried out at this property raise the benchmark to new standards. In this villa, attention to detail not only means having thought of everything but also how to provide these facilities in an unobtrusive way.
After a short stroll through the village, I reach the entrance to this private retreat, but a tall, white-washed wall hides the beautiful courtyard from curious eyes. On entering the courtyard, the high standard and minimal architecture immediately strikes the eye. Everything is in perfect condition and everything you need is there. Before the owner even managed to say "Welcome to our villa", my daughter was already by the Jacuzzi to check the water temperature. Yes, the Jacuzzi is heated, the owner confirmed with a genuine smile as we walked past it to enter the villa.
The outside of the building suggests a flat roof, but to my surprise, the ceilings inside are vaulted, adding coziness and character to the overall impression of the contemporary approach. Spacious sofas invite to relax with indirect lights according to your choice. The cave seems to continue via little tunnels to both sides leading to bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and walk-in wardrobes and a small but fully equipped kitchen. The photos of each room speak for themselves, so there is no point elaborating the obvious and I'd rather leave it up to you to discover the hidden details on your arrival.
As I walk back to the courtyard, I notice the roofs of the neighborhood beyond the walls, reminding me of the slightly elevated position of the villa. How fantastic the view would be from the roof I think to myself as I spot a staircase. The owner must have read my thoughts and announces: "Last but not least, let me show you our rooftop terrace, the perfect spot to enjoy the view as the sun sets over the village". "And not only that", I continue her sentence in my mind as I absorb the scenery.
Back from the roof terrace, whilst gazing at my daughter who is still playing by the Jacuzzi, I think to myself how much I prefer this private villa to the fancy hotels along the Caldera, as the owner reminds me that the concept of their hospitality doesn't end there. The kitchen is daily stocked with fruits, eggs, marmelades, honey, toast, coffees, tea, juices, cakes etc. for a sumptuous breakfast and daily maid service means that you will continue to enjoy this villa in its perfect condition every day.
It goes without saying that the owner will arrange pretty much anything you might wish during your stay, starting from massage and beauty-treatments at home, means of transport or excursions, reservations at restaurants and events, all the way to the rental of private yachts or helicopters to explore every inch of the island.
This contemporary 2-bedroom luxury villa is ideal for couples or families seeking a quiet retreat of top quality and the central location offers quick access to every part of the island including sandy beaches, port, airport and of course the famous Caldera.