Prices for 2019 in Euro per day
Booking Conditions: To confirm the booking, a deposit of 30% is required. The remaining 70% is due 30 days before arrival.
Security deposit: A fully refundable damage deposit of 500 Euro is required.
Payment Method: Bank transfer in Euro only.
Minimum Stay: 1 week during June, July and August, 4 nights during the other months.
Cancellation Policy: 40 days prior to arrival 30% cancellation fees of the total cost of reservation will apply. 39-31 days prior to arrival 50% cancellation fees of the total cost of reservation will apply. 30-0 days prior to arrival, no shows or early departure 100% cancellation fees of the total cost of reservation will apply.
Absolute Beachfront Villa near Athens
Beach holiday & Water Sports
Our personal review
Schinias is very close to Marathon, the famous settlement from which Pheidippides, the messenger in the Battle of Marathon, rushed to Athens. In commemoration of his fabled run, todays marathon races start here and during the Olympic Games 2004 various competitions took place in this area, mainly water sport.
Schinias Beach is a long sandy beach about 1 hour North of Athens, famous for its Natura 2000 protected wetland and the mature pine forest that reaches all the way to the endless beach. At various places along the over 3 km long beach you will find sea food tavernas, often with their tables right in the sand.
In general it is hard to find a villa right on the beach, not to mention one with so much unspoiled nature next to it whilst offering tavernas and cafés that you can access from the same beach you are living on.
Walking barefoot from your house along the beach to have the daily catch from the local fishermen freshly grilled in a taverna near by and returning under a star lit sky to the sound of the waves licking the shore gently is one of those experiences that you will never forget.
During the day you can choose between sitting under the mature pine trees enjoying the ocean view, indulging in water sports like wind/kite surfing, lunch at the beachfront tavernas and maybe even a jog or cycling session on the secured premises of the Olympic Rowing Center (2004), nowadays open to the public (free entrance). Various local sports clubs use the facility on the weekend, making it easy for you to link in on upcoming events.
Children love the area because there is so much for them to discover, there is ample space to run about and the water gets deeper slowly. At the northern end of the beach, the water remains shallow for a very long distance, perfect for playing in the water.
The villa, a beachfront bungalow built in the 70s, boasts plenty of day light and vast views over the garden and the twinkling reflections of the sea. Tastefully renovated, the villa today accommodates 6 guests in 3 air-conditioned bedrooms, two of which have sea view and french doors to the verandah. Each bedroom has it's own bathroom and there is an additional WC. The kitchen is fully equipped with all modern appliances and there is Sat-TV, CD/DVD, Playstation/Nintendo and Wifi-Internet for entertainment.
A few chicken live in a small den at the far end of the property, providing fresh organic eggs from happy hens.
Life on the beach means sand inside the house, so there is daily maid service included. Sheets are changed 3 times a week. Let us know if you need anything else like a chef or babysitter etc.
Families with children or a small groups of friends who enjoy water sports and relaxation on the beach, will definitely love this absolute beachfront villa. With Athens' International Airport just 45 mins drive and Athens historic city center only an hours drive away, this beach house is ideal for a spontaneous getaway or people who wish to combine relaxation on the beach with day trips to some of the most popular ancient sites around Athens.